Participating in HouseMatch is easy!
Auctiometrix has developed a web-based (house) matching tool HouseMatch to match buyers and sellers based on their housing and financial preferences/restrictions. A state-of-the-art matching algorithm selects an optimal chain of buyers and sellers who simultaneously buy a new house and sell their old house and determines the optimal transaction price. Starters in the housing market and those who want to leave the housing market by selling their old house and not buying a new one can also be part of this optimal chain. As buying and selling happens simultaneously, HouseMatch solves the current housing market problem that home owners wait to buy a new house until their old house has been sold. Residential property sites can easily incorporate HouseMatch in their site as an additional service to their customers.
Residential property sites who are interested in HouseMatch can contact us via the Contact form.
Follow the following steps:
- Make an account on a residential property site that uses HouseMatch and put your current house (if applicable) online.
- Submit your asking price (if you have a house for sale).
- Search for houses you would like to buy and add them to ‘my favourites’ list. You can add as many houses as you like. If you don’t want to buy a house (e.g. because you want to rent a house), then tick the option “I don’t want to buy a house”.
- For each house in your favourites list the net transaction price (based on a simultaneous sale of your house at your asking price and the buy of the new house against the corresponding asking price) is automatically shown.
- You have the possibility to submit either a maximum discount to your asking price or a minimum discount you require to the asking price of the house you want to buy. You will immediately see the effect on the net transaction price. Either discount is private information and only visible to yourself. Matches will be determined on the basis of the net transaction price you would maximally like to pay/receive.
- If you selected more than one house, then make a ranking of your favourites.
- You will get a message when a match is found that satisfies your housing and financial preferences/restrictions.
- You are not bound to accept the recommended match or price (which is in most cases much lower/higher than your maximum/minimum acceptable net transaction price).
- HouseMatch is for free for home seekers/sellers. You only pay a fixed amount if you would like to accept the match and be brought in contact with the other participants in your chain.